Happy Friday Everyone! Here is the new page for Scared by the Bell.
I’m really having a lot of fun with the color.
Here’s some flats from the first few pages:
These are just flats, so the colors might change eventually.
I keep thinking about how I need to do something like this:
A good o’l fashioned Style Guide. You can see the entire guide over HERE.
This way you show someone front, side, and back, and some different poses:
I’d also be interested in doing lighting guides, etc for the different rooms, etc – so that I when I’m in classroom, it’s one color scheme, when I’m in Merlin’s office, another color scheme.
I’m contemplating updating the pages more (maybe like a Wednesday and a Friday). I wonder if I should use get farther ahead and then go. Or, maybe just let it go out – and then sell it in print. Last week I sat down and read this book, Economics of Digital Comics. I feel like this is a must have for anyone making digital comics, or comics of any kind. He does a great overview of the industry how things work on the web. Highly recommended.
One of the things that comes up, that I’ve been wondering about, is the audience of webcomics. This, in my opinion, is a bit of a hurdle for me. I don’t think that many kids are online looking for webcomics. The web is such a scary place for kids, I wonder if they’re finding (or allowed to find). I’m also competing with all the glorious videos and video games on the web. So, we’ll see — that could be an argument for print. Getting a print copy, and then getting out there and pounding the pavement. And/or at least getting a digital copy up on Amazon and selling it that way.
So, we shall see.
THIS WEEK’S PULL:
- Prison School (very NSFW)
- Britania (Valiant)
- Dead Orbit: Aliens (Dark Horse)
- Deadline (an old magazine. Turns out Tank Girl premiered in this publication)
- Americanah (almost done, I’ve really been enjoying this book)
- Saw Castle in the Sky – Miyazaki film – Fathom Events (they have a Studio Ghibli festival that they are releasing some of the older films – along with “Spirited Away” and “Howl’s Moving Castle.).
- Knights of Sidonia – Started Season 2. This is still a very enjoyable series.
- Escape from Planet of the Apes – I’m enjoying all these older movies. And may have a tiny crush on Zira, the scientist Ape 😉